It's All Over...
Who am I kidding? It will never be over. For the rest of my life I will have to be aware of what I put into my mouth or how much exercise I've done. It's the nature of the beast. The contest is over but my healthy lifestyle is just beginning really. 3 months isn't really that long in the grand scheme of things.
Yesterday was our final weigh-in for the contest. Everyone did so well! Except for the occasional passing by at the gym or Relay for Life, we (the contestants) haven't really seen each other. It was SO fun to see everyone and how FANTASTIC everyone looked! The change has been amazing!
In the end, having lost the most pounds (42) and inches (52) I was 'crowned' the winner! Yay!!!
I REALLLLY wanted to post the before and after pics of me and of the group that MRC took but I haven't received them yet. I will post as soon as I get them!
This was such an incredible opportunity. I am SOO grateful for Catherine and Martha for choosing me to participate. It has been an life changing experience. I feel happier and healthier. And I look DANG good!! (or so my husband tells me!)
Now, time for a very badly needed haircut!
So many of you have asked what I won. Well, here's the scoop:
- 3 additional months free at the gym (Fort Smith Athletic Club)
- Photo session for the fam with Raye Law
- 4 sessions at Malibu Day Spa (which includes the badly needed haircut)
- $50 gift card to Newport News or Spiegel
- One admission to Pink on the Links (part of the Fort Smith Classic) and T-shirt
- Metabolic Research Center cookbook (which I managed to go 3 months without and now am glad I have one!)
- Arbonne gift bag including Shampoo, Conditioner, and Body Cleanser and numerous samples
- 4 FortSmithMoms.com Snap Caps (for soda cans to make them like bottles)
- 2 bags of M&M's (thanks, Martha!)
- 5 cards for buy one get one free cookies at Great American Cookies (once again, thanks, Martha!)
- and finally, I got my life back!!!
This has been a lot of work AND a lot of fun!
Six more weeks of stabilization and a year of maintenance should be just what I need.